Alissa Moriarty has been a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit and consulting practice area since 2011 where she focuses on serving nonprofit organizations, mental health and advocacy organizations, supporting and fundraising organizations, membership organizations, theaters, animal shelters, museums, professional services, and wineries. Alissa has experience in performing financial statement audits, financial statement reviews, tax return preparation, cost reporting filing, outsourced CFO services, and other consulting. Alissa brings her expertise, diversified background, and helpful approach to all of her engagements.
Alissa contributes to the industries that she serves by writing for Cerini & Associates’ electronic and print newsletters, website, and social media outlets. Alissa understands the importance of being a year-round resource to her clients. Alissa keeps abreast of changing industry trends, government regulations, and accounting pronouncements and keeps her clients informed about anything relevant to them.
Alissa is also involved in the marketing and development of the firm, and frequently participates in the firm’s educational seminars, recruiting efforts, and event planning.
Areas of Expertise:
- Financial statement audits
- Financial statement reviews and compilations
- System testing and analysis
- Accounting assistance
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- Preparing detailed analysis and research to assist clients in various industries
- Audit and preparation of New York State CFR’s
- Outsourced CFO
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Advocacy Organizations
- Supporting and Fundraising Organizations
- Mental Health Providers
- Animal Shelters
- Professional Services
- Membership Organizations
Licenses & Certifications:
- Honoree for Huntington Chamber’s Celebrate Long Island’s Young Professionals Award
Alissa graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Joseph’s College, where she obtained her B.S. in Accountancy.