Shari Diamond, CIA
Shari is a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit staff where she works with the firm’s internal audit clients and assists the audit staff with IT related audits and procedures. Shari has over fifteen years of internal audit, claims audit, and Information Technology audit experience at one of the “Big 4” accounting firms (PWC), and at a Fortune 100 company (Northrop Grumman).
Shari is adept at evaluating an entity’s IT environment and making recommendations to strengthen controls surrounding the computer environment. As director, Shari is primarily involved with performing, training, and overseeing internal and claims audit services and risk assessments at various entities. She frequently lectures on internal audit, and is a regular contributor to two of firm’s publications, The Lesson Plan, written for school districts, and Best Practices, designed for the healthcare sector.
Areas of Expertise:
- Internal audit functions
- Risk Assessment evaluations
- System testing and analysis
- Claims audit functions for school districts
- Recommendations for improving controls and operating efficiencies
- IT assessments
- Medicaid compliance testing
- Agreed upon procedure engagements
- Accounting assistance
- Nonprofit organizations
- School districts
- Small business clientele
- Physician practices
- NYSSCPA Education Committee
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of School Business Officials – Nassau and Suffolk Chapters
Shari obtained her B.B.A. in Business Computer Information Systems from Hofstra University. She also received her M.S. in Childhood Education from Long Island University, C.W. Post.