Timothy J. McHale, CPA
Tim is the Partner in Charge of the firm’s tax practice, where he specializes in tax consulting and controversy. Tim brings over thirty years of professional experience in taxation to the firm’s manufacturing, construction and business clientele. Prior to joining Cerini & Associates, Tim Directed the Tax Department for a large Long Island CPA Firm. His background provides him with the skills necessary to assist clients in a broad spectrum of tax and consulting engagements.
Tim frequently lectures on a variety of taxation issues, and has been quoted in the New York Real Estate Journal, Long Island Business News, and Newsday. Tim has appeared on Fios1 Long Island to discuss disaster recovery and other topics.
In addition, he has written articles for various publications in the areas of real estate transactions (1031 exchanges) and estate planning. Tim is heavily involved in the marketing and development of the firm—where he oversees the tax department and provides the tax and business advisory staff with education and training. Tim is a regular contributor the firm’s website, e-newsletter, and newsletter, The Bottom Line, which is distributed to over 5,000 businesses throughout Long Island.
Areas of Expertise:
- Tax controversy
- Internal Revenue Service and New York State audits and appeals
- State and local taxes
- Business planning and implementation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- 1031 exchanges
- High net worth individuals
- Estate planning
- Corporate and partnership tax issues
- Real estate, advertising, service, and thoroughbred racing industries
- Specialty Services
- IRS audits and appeals
- Tax code and interpretation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Nassau County Chapter of CPAs
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Recipient of the LIBN’s 50 Around 50 Award
Tim is a graduate of Iona College with a B.S. in accounting.