FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 7, 2015 – Bohemia, NY – Six nonprofit winners of the 3rd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards were announced LIVE at the gala awards reception on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 6-9:30pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY. This gala event was created to offer formal acknowledgement to some of Long Island’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations.
Over 130 nonprofits submitted applications to win a $5,000 grant in five categories: Innovation, Leadership Excellence, Rising Star, Social Entrepreneurism and Social Impact. Of this pool of worthy applicants, 20 were selected as finalists and one in each category was awarded the grant, and a six organization was provided a people’s choice award through an internet vote.
The winners were:
- Cerini & Associates Social Impact Award – Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc.
- Bank of America/U.S. Trust Social Entrepreneurism Award – eWorks Electronics Service Inc.
- Empire National Bank Innovation Award – Henry Viscardi School at The Viscardi Center
- The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation Rising Star Award – Patient AirLift Services
- Business Exchange Leadership Award – Randi Shubin Dresner, Island Harvest
- United Way Fan Favorite Award – Central American Refugee Center
In its third year, the Imagine Awards are the premiere awards program on Long Island for the nonprofit sector. “This year’s finalists and winners were all amazing … they truly exemplify the nonprofit sector at their finest,” said Kenneth Cerini, Managing Partner of Cerini & Associates, LLP, the Awards’ founders. “Other nonprofits can learn from strong leadership, innovation, impact, and the entrepreneurial spirit from these organizations.”
The Long Island Imagine Awards recognizes the following major sponsors: Cerini & Associates, LLP, Bank of America/US Trust, Empire National Bank and the Business Exchange. For more information visit www.imagineawardsli.com.