The Long Island Imagine Awards has been the vision of event Chair Ken Cerini, Cerini & Associates, LLP, for over 10 years. “The Long Island business community now has a mechanism to recognize the good work of the nonprofit sector and reward them for their innovation, leadership and sustainability.” said Cerini.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 7, 2015 – Bohemia, NY – Six nonprofit winners of the 3rd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards were announced LIVE at the gala awards reception on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 6-9:30pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY. This gala event was created to offer formal acknowledgement to some of Long Island’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations.
Over 130 nonprofits submitted applications to win a $5,000 grant in five categories: Innovation, Leadership Excellence, Rising Star, Social Entrepreneurism and Social Impact. Of this pool of worthy applicants, 20 were selected as finalists and one in each category was awarded the grant, and a six organization was provided a people’s choice award through an internet vote.
- The Cerini & Associates Social Impact Award – Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc.
- The Bank of America/U.S. Trust Social Entrepreneurism Award – eWorks Electronics Service, Inc.
- The Empire National Bank Innovation Award – Henry Viscardi at The Viscardi Center
- The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation Rising Star Award – Patient AirLift Services
- The Business Exchange Leadership Award – Randi Shubin Dresner, Island Harvest
- The United Way Fan Favorite Award – Central American Refugee Center