3rd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards Finalists Selected
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – January 30, 2015 – Bohemia, NY – The 3rd Annual Long Island Imagine Awards will be held Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 6-9:30pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY. This gala event was created to offer formal acknowledgement to some of Long Island’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations.
Over 130 nonprofits submitted applications to win a $5,000 grant in five categories: Innovation, Leadership Excellence, Rising Star, Social Entrepreneurism and Social Impact. Of this pool of worthy applicants, 20 were selected as finalists and one in each category will be awarded the grant at the awards ceremony on May 5, 2015.
The Cerini and Associates Social Impact Award
- Concern for Independent Living
- Holocaust Memorial and Tolerance Center of Nassau County
- Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc.
- Sunrise Association
The Bank of America/U.S. Trust Social Entrepreneurism Award
- eWorks Electronics Service Inc.
- Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds
- Independent Group Home Living Program, Inc.
- Spectrum Designs Foundation
The Empire National Bank Innovation Award
- East End Arts and Humanities Council, Inc.
- Henry Viscardi School at The Viscardi Center
- Long Island Cares – Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Ronald McDonald House of Long Island
The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation Rising Star Award
- Central American Refugee Center
- Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
- Pal-O-Mine Equestrian
- Patient AirLift Services
- Randi Shubin Dresner, Island Harvest
- Elaine Gross, Erase Racism-Community Advocates, Inc.
- Linda Leonard, Long Island Crisis Center
- Theresa Regnante, The United Way of Long Island
The Long Island Imagine Awards has been the vision of event Chair Ken Cerini, Cerini & Associates, LLP, for over 10 years. “The Long Island business community now has a mechanism to recognize the good work of the nonprofit sector and reward them for their innovation, leadership and sustainability.” said Cerini.
The Long Island Imagine Awards recognizes the following major sponsors: Cerini & Associates, LLP, Bank of America/US Trust, Empire National Bank and Nixon Peabody, LLP.
Sponsorship and ticket information are available online www.ceriniandassociates.com/imagine-awards. Tickets are $100 per person. For more information on applications, tickets and corporate sponsorships contact Hillary Needle at Hillary@Hillaryneedleevents.com, 516-993-4056.