Mahnaz has been a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit and consulting practice area for over 8 years where she focuses on serving nonprofit organizations, education, and healthcare clientele. Mahnaz has experience in financial statement audits, financial statement reviews, tax return preparation, cost report filing, and other consulting. Mahnaz brings her expertise, diversified background, and helpful approach to all of her engagements.
Mahnaz contributes to the industries that she serves by publishing content for Cerini & Associates’ electronic and print newsletters, website, and social media outlets. Mahnaz understands the importance of being a year-round resource to her clients. Mahnaz keeps abreast of changing industry trends, government regulations, and accounting pronouncements and keeps her clients informed about anything relevant to them.
Mahnaz is heavily involved in the marketing and development of the firm, and contributes directly to the firm’s recruitment and event planning for both staff members as well as the public.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Financial statement audits
- Government audits
- Financial statement reviews
- Operational reviews
- System testing and analysis
- OPWDD rate reviews
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Creation of policy and procedure manuals
- Preparation of New York State CFR’s
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- Preparing detailed analysis and research to assist clients in various industries
- Mental health providers
- Advocacy organizations
- Special education schools
- Private schools
- Community centers
- Chambers of commerce
- Supporting and fundraising organizations
- Religious Institutions
- Membership Organizations
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Recipient of the 2014 Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce Young Professional “30 Under 30″ Award
Mahnaz graduated cum laude from Hofstra University, where she obtained a B.B.A. in Accountancy. She graduated on the Dean’s List, was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society for collegiate schools of business; a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society; and the National Society for Collegiate Scholars.