*Information as of August 17, 2022*
Ken Cerini, Managing Partner and Edward McWilliams, Tax Partner of Cerini & Associates, LLP gave a background of the Healthcare Worker Bonus and answered participant questions.
General Program Background:
– Healthcare Worker Bonus (HWB) program was included in the 2022/23 NYS
Budget with an allotment of $1.2 Billion
– Located within Part ZZ of Chapter 56 of the Laws of 2022, the HWB allows for the payment of bonuses to recruit, retain, and reward healthcare workers
meeting certain eligibility requirements.
– Only employers who are “Qualified Employers” are eligible for payment from
the state for these bonuses to Eligible Employees
– Bonuses can be up to $3,000 per employee, based upon hours worked during designated vesting periods.
– The program is still new with many specific questions currently “unanswered”; more guidance is pending.