Eric Gonzalez, CPA
Eric is a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit staff where he focuses on serving organizations across a wide spectrum of industries, including nonprofit, education, technology and healthcare.
Eric has experience in financial statement audits, pension audits, reviews and compilations, as well as tax return preparation and bookkeeping. Eric has extensive knowledge surrounding the operations, controls, and environment of the sectors he focuses on. Eric brings his expertise and diversified background into all of his engagements.
Eric understands the importance of being a year-round resource to his clients instead of a year-end nuisance. Eric keeps abreast of industry trends, government regulations, and accounting pronouncements and keeps his clients informed about anything relevant to them.
Areas of Expertise:
- Financial statement audits
- Financial statement reviews and compilations
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Preparation of IRS Form 990
- Preparation of IRS Form 1023
- Audit of New York State CFR’s
- Outsourced accounting work
- System testing and analysis
- Internal audit and claims audit functions
- Mental health providers
- Advocacy organizations
- Special education schools
- Private schools
- Housing providers
- Community centers
- Supporting and fundraising organizations
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
Eric graduated Cum Laude from SUNY Old Westbury with his B.S. and M.S. in Accounting. He was a member of the Honors College.