Jeffrey Scott, CPA, MBA
Jeffrey is a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit staff where he brings experience in audit, review, and consulting services to our for-profit, nonprofit and special education clients. Jeffrey has worked with a large number of nonprofit clients, predominantly focusing on social service providers, healthcare providers, foundations, educational institutions, and arts and culture organizations. Jeffrey’s technical knowledge allows him to provide specific services, including financial statement audits and nonprofit outsourced accounting services.
Jeffrey provides auditing, accounting, and advisory services for his clients. His expertise is in areas such as: financial reporting systems, internal control reviews, preparation and review of financial statements, improving efficiencies, and more.
Areas of Expertise:
- Nonprofit audits
- Preparation of Financial Statements, financial reports, and required communications
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- Special education audits
- CFR preparation and analysis
- SED rate planning
- Assistance with SED desk audit
- Systems testing and analysis
- Recommendations on improvements to internal controls
- Accounting assistance
- Budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Internal and claims audit services
- Special Education Providers
- Nonprofit Organizations
- School Districts
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA Suffolk Chapter Nonprofit Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- The Coalition of Children with Special Needs
- Agencies for Children’s Therapeutic Services
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Honoree for the 2017 Long Island Business News’ 30 Under 30 Award
“I will be participating in the Walk MS: Long Island-Jones Beach 2019. The walk will take place at Jones Beach (Field 1) on May 18th, 2019 at approximately 8am. The purpose of this walk is to create a world free of MS. For those of you who do not know what Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is, it is a disease of the central nervous systems that interrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. Unfortunately, my brother and few friends suffer from MS. Millions of people are affected by MS and the challenges of living with its unpredictable symptoms which range from numbness to blindness and paralysis.” Donate Here!
Jeffrey graduated Magna Cum Laude from Long Island University-Post with his B.S/MBA in Accountancy. He graduated on the Dean’s List, was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society for collegiate schools of business, and was an officer of Beta Alpha Psi, the international honor organization for financial information students and professionals. Jeffrey was also the Symbolic Degree Recipient on behalf of his graduating class in recognition of high scholastic achievement in accounting/business.