Lauren has been a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit and consulting practice area since 2012 where she focuses on serving nonprofit, healthcare, education and contractor clients. Lauren has experience performing assurance work, outsourced accounting work, and government filings. Lauren brings her expertise, diversified background, and helpful approach to all of her engagements.
Lauren contributes to the industries that she serves by publishing content for Cerini & Associates’ electronic and print newsletters, website, and social media outlets. She keeps in touch with changing industry trends, government regulations, and accounting pronouncements and keeps her clients informed about anything relevant to them.
Lauren is also involved in the marketing and development of the firm, and frequently participates in the firm’s educational seminars, recruiting efforts, and event planning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- GAAP audits
- Government audits
- GAAP reviews
- GAAP compilations
- Outsourced controller/CFO
- Remote bookkeeping
- System testing and analysis
- Recommendations on improvements to internal controls
- IRS Form 990 and NYS CHAR 500
- IRS Form 1023 and NYS CHAR 410
- New York State Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR)
- Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) Cost Report
- Ambulatory Health Care Facility (AHCF) Report
- Mental health providers
- Diagnostic and treatment centers
- Home health agencies
- Drug and alcohol abuse support and treatment centers
- Advocacy organizations
- Membership organizations
- Supporting and fundraising organizations
- Consumer directed personal assistance agencies
- General contractors
- Environmental services contractors
- Vocational training school
- Housing providers
Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dowling College with her B.B.A. in Accounting. She also graduated Summa Cum Laude from Boston University with a B.A. in Psychology.