Nicholle Mezier, CPA, MBA
Nicholle is a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit staff where she brings experience in audit, review, and consulting services to our general business, nonprofit and special education clients. Nicholle has worked with a large number of nonprofit clients, predominantly focusing on social service providers, healthcare providers, foundations, educational institutions, and arts and culture organizations. Nicholle’s technical knowledge allows her to provide specific services, including financial statement audits, internal and claims audits, and nonprofit outsourced accounting services. Nicholle has also contributed to the firm’s various newsletters.
Nicholle provides auditing, accounting, and advisory services for her clients. Her expertise is in areas such as: financial reporting systems, internal control reviews, improving efficiencies, and more.
Areas of Expertise:
- Systems testing and analysis
- Internal audit and claims audit functions
- Recommendations on improvements to internal controls
- Accounting assistance
- Preparation of Federal Form 990
- CFR preparation and audits
- Financial statement audits and reviews
- Special Education Providers
- Nonprofit Organizations
- School Districts
- Healthcare Providers
- General Business
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Recipient of the 2019 Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce Young Professional Award
Nicholle graduated Magna Cum Laude from Long Island University-Post with her B.S./MBA in Accountancy. She graduated on the Dean’s List, was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society for collegiate schools of business, was a member of Phi Eta Sigma, a national honor society for high scholastic achievement among members of freshman classes, and was an officer of Beta Alpha Psi, the international honor organization for financial information students and professionals. Nicholle was also the Symbolic Degree Recipient on behalf of her graduating class in recognition of high scholastic achievement in accounting/business.