Shari Diamond, CIA
Shari has been with Cerini & Associates, LLP since 2008 where she works primarily with the firm’s school district clients providing internal audit and claims audit services. She has over twenty years’ experience performing internal audits, risk assessments, and compliance reviews, as well as recommending processes to strengthen the internal controls environment while increasing efficiencies. Her prior experience at PWC and Northrop Grumman included performing Information Technology audits.
She frequently lectures on internal audit and claims auditing processes and is the editor of the firm’s publication, The Lesson Plan, written for the public school district sector. In addition, she is a contributor to several of the firm’s newsletters including Best Practices, designed for the healthcare sector, and The Report Card, written for the private school sector. She has been published in the 2010 Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services and is actively involved in the firm’s marketing and development initiatives.
Areas of Expertise:
- Internal audit and claims audit functions for school districts
- System testing and analysis
- Recommendations for improving controls and operating efficiencies
- IT assessments
- Review of district policies and procedures, including assistance in creating policies and related forms
- Agreed upon procedure engagements
- Medicaid compliance
- Special Education STAC assistance
- School Districts
- Nonprofit organizations
- Developmental disability agencies
- Physician practices
- NYSSCPA Education Committee
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of School Business Officials – Nassau and Suffolk Chapters
- New York State School Board Association
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor
Shari is a member of the New York State Society of CPA’s-Education Committee; Institute of Internal Auditors; the New York School Boards Association, and the New York State Association of School Business Officials- Nassau and Suffolk Chapters.
Shari obtained her B.B.A. in Business Computer Information Systems from Hofstra University. She also received her M.S. in Childhood Education from Long Island University, C.W. Post.