Shari Diamond, CIA
Shari has been a member of Cerini & Associates’ audit and consulting practice area for over 10 years where she works with the firm’s internal audit clients, and assists the audit staff with IT related audits and procedures. She has several years of internal and computer technology audit experience at one of the “Big 4” accounting firms (PWC), and at a Fortune 100 company (Northrop Grumman).
She is adept at evaluating an entity’s internal controls and IT environment and making recommendations to strengthen controls. Shari is primarily involved in performing, training, and overseeing internal audit services and risk assessments at various entities. She contributes to the industries that she serves by publishing content for Cerini & Associates’ electronic and print newsletters, website, and social media outlets. Shari understands the importance of being a year-round resource to her clients. She keeps abreast of changing industry trends, government regulations, and accounting pronouncements and keeps her clients informed about anything relevant to them. n addition, Shari is also involved with the firm’s marketing and development efforts where she frequently participates in recruitment activities and educational seminars.
Areas of Expertise:
- Internal audit functions
- Risk Assessment evaluations
- System testing and analysis
- Claims audit functions for school districts
- Accounting assistance
- Recommendations for improving controls and operating efficiencies
- IT assessments
- Medicaid compliance testing
- Agreed upon procedure engagements
- School Districts
- Nonprofit organizations
- Small business clientele
- Developmental disability agencies
- Physician practices
- NYSSCPA Education Committee
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of School Business Officials – Nassau and Suffolk Chapters
- New York State School Board Association
Shari obtained her B.B.A. in Business Computer Information Systems from Hofstra University. She also received her M.S. in Childhood Education from Long Island University, C.W. Post.