August 2021 Cerini Nonprofit Connection
Topic: ADA Compliance for your Website
Ken Cerini and guest speaker Fenton Joseph, Lead Designer of Olive Branch Digital discussed what it means for your website to be ADA Compliant, the legal dangers of not complying with ADA guidelines, the necessary steps to get your website ADA compliant, and more! (Originally aired 8/25/21)
1. Improving accessibility is not just good for business, it improves our society. 1 in 4 Americans are living with a disability which means 1 in 4 Americans experience challenges or discrimination while trying to access basic goods and services. We need to change that.
2. Website remediation does not require exorbitant investments of financial resources or time. Learning the basics and making even small changes to our websites can put us on the right path to making the web a more inclusive destination for all. Try out the resources below to get started.
• [Offers certifications] International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP)
• Accessibe Compliance Overview
• Accessibe Blog
• [Video] Understanding Accessibility: WCAG’s 13 Guidelines with Kasey Bonifacio
To speak with Fenton or get more information on web design and accessibility, please visit Olive Branch Digital’s website.