At Cerini & Associates, LLP we offer a different perspective on public accounting. We understand that work is one aspect of your life, and not the only part of it. We strive for:
- A challenging work environment at a fast-paced, growth-oriented firm with opportunities for advancement and eventual partnership.
- An understanding management team that works with you to achieve a positive work/life balance.
- An environment where individuality is encouraged and where your opinions are sought-after, not silenced.
If you would like to work for a unique firm, one that considers you first, please read more about the positions:
**Part-Time, Currently Hiring**
The Claims Auditor will serve a role in supporting the Internal Audit Department, providing a high level of service, quality, and responsibility, including (but not limited to):
- Reviewing all payments (aka claims) for clients for validity based on supporting documentation as is required by law for School Districts;
- Scanning and indexing all claims documents;
- Drafting reports;
- Maintaining strong client communications;
- Assisting in mailing, scanning, and following up of External Audit confirmations;
- Assisting with preparing nonprofit information returns (IRS Form 990 and New York State CHAR500);
- Mailing, filing, and faxing of documents;
Training will be provided in performing claims audits, school district accounting, various auditing techniques, as well as, all administrative responsibilities.
This position requires proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point. The position requires the ability to travel to various school districts across Long Island. Punctuality and professionalism are essential as you will be working at the school district site and interfacing with various school district business personnel.
Contact Stacie Rennecker, Lead Tax Administrator for more information.
**Currently hiring, experience required.**
The Senior Auditor will function as the in-charge Auditor for most engagements that he/she serves on, and will be ultimately responsible for all services performed for in-charge engagements. The Senior Auditor will be expected to be capable of performing essentially all audit and related procedures, including (but not limited to):
- Serving as the in-charge Auditor for any type of engagement, with an emphasis on non-profit entities;
- Serve as an Auditor for high-risk, time-consuming engagements beneath a Supervisor or higher;
- Serving as the primary client liaison for all in-charge engagements;
- Scheduling in-charge engagements in a punctual and orderly fashion;
- Managing lower-level staff members on essentially all engagements, including (but not limited to):
- overseeing and reviewing their work;
- providing feedback as to their performance and areas for improvement;
- educating them on accounting and accounting concepts that they are not familiar with;
- and properly delegating appropriate levels of work based on their abilities and workloads.
- Developing testing strategies during the planning phase of in-charge engagements and completing planning documentation according to firm standards, GAAS, and best practices;
- Ensuring effective planning meetings take place before the start of each engagement;
- Completing internal controls documentation, risk assessment, testing and random sample generation for internal and external audit engagements;
- Performing substantive external audit procedures in moderate and high-risk audit areas, generally accounts receivable, revenue, debt, net assets, and other areas;
- Conducting end of audit exit conferences with management for all in-charge engagements prior to leaving the field;
- Handling the reporting phases of engagements, including completing reporting documentation according to firm standards, GAAS, and best practices;
- Preparing financial statements and other financial reports for essentially all engagements on which he/she serves;
- Preparing management letters for essentially all engagements on which he/she serves;
- Promptly replying to, and satisfactorily clearing, review notes on work performed, including those for financial statements, management letters, and other financial reports, as applicable;
- Communicating with clients with regards to financial statements, management letters, SAS 114 letters, Board reports/presentations, and other financial reports for essentially all engagements on which he/she serves in an effort to have final reports issues within firm-standard timeframes; and
- Reviewing nonprofit information returns (IRS Form 990 and New York State CHAR500).
As this position requires relevant experience, it is expected that the Senior Auditor will focus his/her efforts on gaining on-the-job experience, attending educational seminars (both internally and externally), asking relevant questions of supervisory staff (supervisors, manager, and partners) and displaying an overall desire to learn and grow professionally. Progression throughout the Senior Auditor’s tenure should be evident in terms of work product clarity, efficiency, staff and time management, and understanding.
**Not Currently Hiring.**
The Internship Program at Cerini & Associates is designed for college students who are in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of their five-year accounting degree. We offer a friendly, exciting, professional work environment located in Western Suffolk County. We were founded and built by former Big 4 professionals and we are focused on providing the highest quality services in a casual firm environment. Our employees are from a diverse background and are encouraged to share their experiences with one another. Our program provides students with the opportunity to have an experience with a rapidly growing firm with increasing career opportunities.
We have a challenging internship program which provides an overview of all areas of our firm. Responsibilities will typically include:
- Internal Controls Testing
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Tax Return Preparation
- Internal Audit Procedures
- Healthcare Consulting
- Special Marketing Projects
- Compilations and Reviews
- Audit and Tax Correspondence
- Accounting and Tax Research
We work in a “paperless” environment, using advanced accounting and tax software, which encourages our professionals to work intelligently.
Interns will be provided training sessions geared towards their responsibilities, the accounting profession, and industry-specific topics.
As an intern, you will be working with all members of the firm and you will be provided with timely and relevant feedback from senior members of the firm.
Interns are provided with a mentor (someone who has graduated within the past two years) and are encouraged to work with this person as an ongoing resource throughout their internships and beyond.
We believe that our success is directly attributed to our belief in a real work/life balance.
Our goal is to encourage and build the next generation of accounting professionals.
- Real-world experience. At C&A, you won’t only be sitting in a cubicle throughout your internship; you’ll be in the field with staff members, learning and engaging with our clients. You’ll be provided training sessions geared toward your responsibilities, the accounting profession, and industry-specific topics.
- Camaraderie. You will be provided with a mentor—someone who has graduated recently—and will be encouraged to work with this individual as an ongoing resource during and after your internship.
- Diversity. Our interns typically work on an array of projects, including tax return preparation; financial statement preparation; internal controls testing; marketing projects; research, and more. Stapling and Solitaire are not part of your job.
- Fun. Annually, C&A hosts the Intern Olympics, a series of games that will make you laugh, challenge you, and help introduce you to our firm, our staff, and what we’re all about.
- Experienced: Located in Bohemia, NY, C&A operates with a staff of nearly 50. Operating with a “Big 4” mentality, our Partners and many of our staff members have worked at one of the Big 4, with over 50% of our staff coming from large-tier firms.
- Flexible: Our staff members enjoy dress down-Fridays, casual summers, remote access, flex-scheduling, and more.
- Different: Whether you’re sitting in the office designed as a dungeon, or learning about our unique approach to client work, we pride ourselves on our innovative and supportive firm culture.
Each year C&A hosts its very own Olympic games. Interns and new staff will have the opportunity to team up with other staff members for fun filled games ranging from trivia (C&A style) to chair racing. It’s a great way to get to know everyone and learn more about the firm!
**We are currently not hiring Interns, however if you send us your resume we will consider it when positions become available. Contact Stacie Rennecker, Lead Tax Administrator for more information.**
**Not Currently Hiring.**
Whether you’re looking for a new career opportunity or transitioning, C&A offers you a variety of ways to develop your career.
Ideal candidates for accounting and consulting jobs will be able to demonstrate the ability to think creatively, train staff members, manage a fast-paced workload, and provide excellent client service.
- Different: Whether you’re working remotely or learning about our unique approach to client work, we pride ourselves on our innovative and supportive firm culture.
The C&A Mentor Program is designed to align the goals of the firm with the goals of the individual, while developing and strengthening competencies, enhancing job performance, and fostering career progression with the intent of achieving these goals. The program helps both mentors and mentees through:
- Gaining insight and exposure to other levels/areas of service within the company;
- Obtaining and delivering helpful and meaningful advice on career progression, outside of the formal performance reviews, in an objective environment;
- Receiving and delivering feedback on firm policies and structure; and
- Identifying skills needed for advancement.
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- CPA Bonus
- Client Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Career Development Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Matching Contribution
- Continuing Education Assistance
**We are currently not hiring Executives/Management, however if you send us your resume we will consider it when positions become available. Contact Stacie Rennecker, Lead Tax Administrator for more information.**