At Cerini & Associates, LLP Offer a different perspective on public accounting. we understand that work is one aspect of your life, and not the only part of it. We strive for:
A challenging work environment at a fast-paced, growth-oriented firm with opportunities for advancement and eventual partnership.
An understanding management team that works with you to achieve a positive work/life balance.
An environment where individuality is encouraged and where your opinions are sought-after, not silenced.
If you would like to work for a unique firm, one that considers you first, please read more about the positions:
**Part-Time, Currently Hiring**
The Claims Auditor will serve a role in supporting the Internal Audit Department, providing a high level of service, quality, and responsibility, including (but not limited to):
- Reviewing all payments (aka claims) for clients for validity based on supporting documentation as is required by law for School Districts;
- Scanning and indexing all claims documents;
- Drafting reports;
- Maintaining strong client communications;
- Assisting in mailing, scanning, and following up of External Audit confirmations;
- Assisting with preparing nonprofit information returns (IRS Form 990 and New York State CHAR500);
- Mailing, filing, and faxing of documents;
Training will be provided in performing claims audits, school district accounting, various auditing techniques, as well as, all administrative responsibilities.
This position requires proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point. The position requires the ability to travel to various school districts across Long Island. Punctuality and professionalism are essential as you will be working at the school district site and interfacing with various school district business personnel.
Staff Accountant – SED Audit & Consulting:
**Currently hiring, experience preferred but not necessary.**
This is an interesting and challenging position, incorporating both the completion of audits as well as consulting engagements. The Staff Accountant will be involved in the following:
Working with special education providers to prepare cost reports, review spending patterns, assist in ensuring costs are properly being recorded, and filing appeals/waivers with the NY State Education Department;
Helping clients through government audits;
Functioning as outsourced accountants/controllers helping them to maximize profitability, advising on systems, providing financial analysis, preparing cash flows and budgeting, and helping them prepare for external audits;
Involvement in fraud investigations and other forensic analysis; and
Other projects that may arise from time to time
The staff accountant will serve as an integral part of assurance-related engagements by performing audit and related procedures commensurate with level of experience (but not limited to):
Internal controls testing and random sample generation for internal and external audit engagements;
Performing substantive external audit procedures;
Assistance with the preparation of reports and tax filings (nonprofit)
Preparing management letter comments and adjustments within the audit areas tested;
Promptly replying to, and satisfactorily clearing, review notes; and
Auditing Consolidated Fiscal Reports (CFRs).
We are looking for an individual that is looking to grow with the Firm and take on additional responsibility as they develop and learn. Progression throughout the Staff Auditor’s tenure should be evident in terms of work product clarity, efficiency, and understanding.
Masters in Accounting or 150 credit hours in accounting from an accredited college/university is required.
Eligible to sit for the CPA exam. CPA licensure is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required.
Familiarity with ProSystem fx Engagement is preferred.
Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
**Currently Hiring Audit and SED Departments**
The Internship Program at Cerini & Associates is designed for college students who are in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of their five-year accounting degree. We offer a friendly, exciting, professional work environment located in Western Suffolk County. We were founded and built by former Big 4 professionals and we are focused on providing the highest quality services in a casual firm environment. Our employees are from a diverse background and are encouraged to share their experiences with one another. Our program provides students with the opportunity to have an experience with a rapidly growing firm with increasing career opportunities.
We have a challenging internship program which provides an overview of all areas of our firm. Responsibilities will typically include:
- Internal Controls Testing
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Tax Return Preparation
- Internal Audit Procedures
- Healthcare Consulting
- Special Marketing Projects
- Compilations and Reviews
- Audit and Tax Correspondence
- Accounting and Tax Research
We work in a “paperless” environment, using advanced accounting and tax software, which encourages our professionals to work intelligently.
Interns will be provided training sessions geared towards their responsibilities, the accounting profession, and industry-specific topics.
As an intern, you will be working with all members of the firm and you will be provided with timely and relevant feedback from senior members of the firm.
Interns are provided with a mentor (someone who has graduated within the past two years) and are encouraged to work with this person as an ongoing resource throughout their internships and beyond.
We believe that our success is directly attributed to our belief in a real work/life balance.
Our goal is to encourage and build the next generation of accounting professionals.
- Real-world experience. At C&A, you won’t only be sitting in a cubicle throughout your internship; you’ll be in the field with staff members, learning and engaging with our clients. You’ll be provided training sessions geared toward your responsibilities, the accounting profession, and industry-specific topics.
- Camaraderie. You will be provided with a mentor—someone who has graduated recently—and will be encouraged to work with this individual as an ongoing resource during and after your internship.
- Diversity. Our interns typically work on an array of projects, including tax return preparation; financial statement preparation; internal controls testing; marketing projects; research, and more. Stapling and Solitaire are not part of your job.
- Fun. Annually, C&A hosts the Intern Olympics, a series of games that will make you laugh, challenge you, and help introduce you to our firm, our staff, and what we’re all about.
- Experienced: Located in Bohemia, NY, C&A operates with a staff of nearly 50. Operating with a “Big 4” mentality, our Partners and many of our staff members have worked at one of the Big 4, with over 50% of our staff coming from large-tier firms.
- Flexible: Our staff members enjoy dress down-Fridays, casual summers, remote access, flex-scheduling, and more.
- Different: Whether you’re sitting in the office designed as a dungeon, or learning about our unique approach to client work, we pride ourselves on our innovative and supportive firm culture.
Each year C&A hosts its very own Olympic games. Interns and new staff will have the opportunity to team up with other staff members for fun filled games ranging from trivia (C&A style) to chair racing. It’s a great way to get to know everyone and learn more about the firm!
Contact Stacie Jobanputra, Lead Tax Administrator for more information at email@example.com